Pages

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

SOS164: Back in the Day

This week's theme at Shopping our Stash is Back in the Day, and we'd like everyone to use an old-school tool or an old-time image. Since I purged all my plastic cutting templates and old fashioned eyelet setter I had to use the second option.
I used an old steam engine image from SU Traveler set.  Embossed it with copper EP and layered it on Faux Patina background panel. if you never tried this technique, here is the video tutorial I followed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYJZzMmPyjo
Challenges:
Clear It Out Challenge: embossing wet or dry (used both with older EF and EP)
Creative Card Crew - embossing
Sketch Saturday - sketch
A Gem of  A Challenge - embossing

7 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

I LOVE the copper embossing on the train! And good for you for getting rid of all your old stuff. :)

lauren bergold said...

copper-embossed vintage train!!! now THAT is cooooooooool! love this one, missus! :)

Donna said...

Fantastic faux patina! Goes so well with the vintage locomotive image!

Lynn's Place said...

Beautiful card thanks for joining us at Clear It Out Tuesday's

Unknown said...

Great card, I love the image!

Thank you for joining the challenge with the Creative Card Crew!

Sheena
xxx

Guild Master Crystal said...

This is a fabulous card. I love the background.

Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Card Crew!
~ Crystal (DT)

Unknown said...

gorgoeus image and I love your background-very original. Thank you for joining us at Creative Card Crew embossing challenge! Irene DT xx